Commitment to privacy
- how we collect information;
- how we use and disclose any information we collect;
- how we protect the personal information we collect;
- how you can access the personal information we may hold about you;
- how to make a complaint about a privacy breach under this policy; and
- how we will deal with breach of privacy complaints.
We value your privacy, and as such, we have taken the necessary precautions to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collecting personal information
We collect personal information for a number of reasons, however the main reasons why we may collect personal information from you are:
- to process transactions;
- to improve our Website by receiving feedback on our products and services;
- to assist us in responsibly marketing our products;
- to assist in the preparation and co-ordination of the newsletters and product updates that we send from time to time;
- so that we can communicate with our customers, suppliers and other persons or organisations that we do business with; and
- to run competitions and promotions.
We may collect personal information from you in a number of different ways for example:
- when you purchase any of our products;
- when you subscribe to our newsletter or other similar publications;
- when you request information from us about our products and services;
- if you enter one of our competitions or promotions; or
- if you fill out any of our surveys or marketing material.
Using your personal information
By using our Website you agree that in respect of any of your personal information received by us:
- we will be entitled to record that information and use it in accordance with this policy;
- we may use that information to contact you about our products and support services or to provide you with general information about us;
- we may provide your personal information to our technical service providers for the purpose of operating this Website; and
- we may use the information we collect from you for the purposes of improving our products or services, or to collect information for the purposes of statistical or marketing analysis.
Personal information collected by us for the above purposes may be distributed globally.
Apart from the circumstances set out above, unless required by law, we will not disclose any personal information we collect from you without your specific consent.
Changing and accessing information
If you wish to change or update any of your personal information or you wish to access the personal information we hold about you please contact us and we will arrange for this to occur. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days. You may be charged a fee for access to this information.
In accordance with the terms of this policy we may communicate with you to provide information about our products, support services and ongoing training, special offers, promotions or other matters that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will not send third party advertising information to you without first asking you whether you want to receive this information.
If you are receiving communications from us and you no longer wish to receive these communications please contact us and inform us that you wish to unsubscribe.
How we secure your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep the information we collect about you secure and to prevent unauthorised access to this information. However, we cannot give any guarantees or warranties about the security of your information and we will not be held liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of any unauthorised access to your information.
All supplied sensitive credit information such as personal credit card details are protected with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL encrypts information to prevent it being read in transmission over the Internet.
LightSpeed Retail Inc
Cookies are pieces of text that are transferred into the memory of your computer to store preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our Website.
- you must give us notice in writing setting out full details of the dispute via the “Contact Us” details below;
- to resolve the dispute, we will engage in negotiations and discussions with you in order to seek to resolve the dispute. You must participate in the negotiations and discussions in good faith and we will use all reasonable endeavours to resolve the dispute;
- If the dispute cannot be resolved within one month of negotiations and discussions commencing, you may request that the dispute be referred to mediation upon providing a written undertaking to bear all costs involved in the mediation;
- if the parties to the dispute cannot agree on a mediator within seven days after a request, the president of the Queensland Law Society Inc or that president’s nominee may appoint a mediator; and
- unless agreed by the mediator and the parties, the mediation must be held within fifteen days of a request for the dispute to be referred to mediation and must occur on the Sunshine Coast unless otherwise agreed.
iLove Computers Pty Ltd via our “Contact Us” page
You can also access the Webstore “Contact Us” page for further information about this Website.